I emailed these basic articles on Facebook to our faculty, thought I’d post here as well. These are just a few of the seminal pieces that set up the environment. News about Facebook comes out every day.
- Business Week Special Report on the Future of Social Networking – very comprehensive May 2008
- Wired: How Mark Zuckerberg Turned Facebook Into the Web’s Hottest Platform – Sept. 2007
- Newsweek: Facebook Grows Up – August 2007
- Time: The Future of Facebook – July 2007 – several related articles with this story.
- There appears to be a Harvard Business School Case Study of Facebook, but you have to pay $6.50 to get it
Two research articles from Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication:
- “The Benefits of Facebook “Friends:” Social Capital and College Students’ Use of
Online Social Network Sites”
- “Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship”